Caracas is the capital of Venezuela, located in the countrys north parts, near the Caribean ocean. The city's climate is tropical savanna climate. The average temperature stays same throughout the year (+23 C) and least rainfall is in winter from January to March. Carcas is often reported the most dangerous city in the world, murders and violence crimes are common. Also normal thefts can be unusually dangerous, because even most of the little criminals carry guns or knives. The city's biggest attractions are many colonial era buildings and The Square dedicated to Simon Bolivar. Bulevar de Sabana Grande is the city's most popular shopping place.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Caracas forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Caracas is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $60.58, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $189.38, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $143.21
- Hotel (3 stars): $69.58
- Hotel (4 stars): $190.57
- Hotel (5 stars): $163.51
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $8.24
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $15.10
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $1.45
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.98
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $9.98
Caracas has been classified as dangerous with security classification 1/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 15.3 (weaker than United states average 47.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 18.1 (weaker than United states average 69.6)
- Walking alone at night: 4.6 (weaker than United states average 41.7)
More information: Caracas safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: An international driving license is generally recommended, but not necessarily required.
- Direction of traffic: In South America the traffic is right-handed. The only exceptions to this are Guyana and Suriname.
- Age restrictions: In Argentina the age limit for driving is 21 years.
- Roads, bridges and tunnels with toll: Geography of toll roads North and South America