Asuncion is the capital of Paraguay, located in the southwest of the country at the shore of Paraguay River. The city's climate is a tropical savanna climate, therefore temperatures in the area remain very stable, around 23 C, and from July to August is the driest time of thev year. The area is not a traditional tourist attractions, but the city's national congress house was built in 2002 by Chinese loan money and is reasonable fine. Shopping is also cheap, although most of the products are pirated and made cheaply and badly. Asuncion is reasonably safe for a South American city, and because tourism is practically non-existent, tourists will actually not be the main target.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Asuncion forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Asuncion is quite a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $42.95, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $119.55, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Basic hotel: $73.05
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $9.93
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $19.02
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $0.91
- Meal, McDonalds: $4.24
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $3.79
Asuncion has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 50.0 (a little better than United states average 48.3)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 67.9 (a little weaker than United states average 70.0)
- Walking alone at night: 37.3 (weaker than United states average 42.1)
More information: Asuncion safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: An international driving license is generally recommended, but not necessarily required.
- Direction of traffic: In South America the traffic is right-handed. The only exceptions to this are Guyana and Suriname.
- Age restrictions: In Argentina the age limit for driving is 21 years.
- Roads, bridges and tunnels with toll: Geography of toll roads North and South America