Rio de janeiro (Brazil)
Rio de Janeiro is Brazil's second-largest city, located at the South Atlantic coast of Brazil. Rio is famous for its relaxed beach culture, its brisk and dynamic night life, as well as for the annual Samba Carnival. Famous attractions include the Jesus Christ statue and the high mountain, which resembles a sugarloaf and is accessible by cableway. The city is also famous for its football players and a very high statistics for robbery and violent crimes. The Maracana football stadium of Rio de Janeiro is one of the largest in the world. There are also numerous museums and a large botanical garden.
Monthly Weather Conditions
Best Times to Visit Rio de Janeiro. The best time to visit Rio is between December and March, when the weather is warm and sunny enough to hit the beaches. The city's seductive samba beat and incredible panoramic views last year-round, but arrive in February to experience Carnival.
More information: Rio de janeiro forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Rio de janeiro is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $48.60, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $168.65, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $48.87
- Hotel (3 stars): $92.32
- Hotel (4 stars): $119.47
- Hotel (5 stars): $229.97
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $3.44
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $6.04
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $1.24
- Meal, McDonalds: $4.63
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $3.56
Rio de janeiro has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 22.6 (weaker than United states average 48.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 33.8 (weaker than United states average 69.6)
- Walking alone at night: 12.7 (weaker than United states average 41.8)
More information: Rio de janeiro safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: An international driving license is generally recommended, but not necessarily required.
- Direction of traffic: In South America the traffic is right-handed. The only exceptions to this are Guyana and Suriname.
- Age restrictions: In Argentina the age limit for driving is 21 years.
- Roads, bridges and tunnels with toll: Geography of toll roads North and South America