Recife is a big city in Western Brazil, locatedont the Atlantic Ocean. Recife was also one of the cities, that hosted the FIFA soccer world cup between 1950 and 2014. The city's climate is a tropical monsoon climate. Temperatures are relatively constant, close to 30 C throughout the year and most of the rain falls from April to July. The city is one of the largest Brazilian trade centers, because it has an international airport, as well as two international ports. The city's main attraction are indeed its fabulous sandy beaches, which are located in the very center of the city in the shade of the tower blocks. The city also has a number of old churches and museums, as well as one of the most popular Brazilian football league teams. Regarding its crime statistics, Recife is in the Brazilian middle range. Robberies are common, mainly on buses and in the streets, and it should be completely avoided to go into the center during night time and on Sundays.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Recife forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Recife is quite a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $43.20, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $118.73, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $35.29
- Hotel (3 stars): $56.73
- Hotel (4 stars): $81.24
- Hotel (5 stars): $131.60
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $3.44
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $6.04
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $1.24
- Meal, McDonalds: $4.63
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $3.56
Recife has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 23.9 (weaker than United states average 48.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 31.8 (weaker than United states average 69.6)
- Walking alone at night: 6.4 (weaker than United states average 41.8)
More information: Recife safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: An international driving license is generally recommended, but not necessarily required.
- Direction of traffic: In South America the traffic is right-handed. The only exceptions to this are Guyana and Suriname.
- Age restrictions: In Argentina the age limit for driving is 21 years.
- Roads, bridges and tunnels with toll: Geography of toll roads North and South America