Porto alegre (Brazil)
Porto Alegre is a big city in Southeast Brazil, located at the banks of the Patos lagoon. Porto Alegre was one of the cities, which hosted the FIFA World Cup in 1950 and 2014. The city has a humid subtropical climate, the average temperatures are between 30 C or higher in summer and between 5 C and 15 C in winter. Rainfall is evenly throughout the year, on about 8 days per month. The area has a few good museums and parks, as well as a few larger shopping centers. Porto Alegre is generally even unsafer than the majority of the cities in Brazil and especially the poorer regions should be avoided. Violent crimes are common in the area throughout the city.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Porto alegre forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Porto alegre is quite a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $48.86, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $130.74, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $33.50
- Hotel (3 stars): $42.92
- Hotel (4 stars): $58.04
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $3.54
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $6.21
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $1.28
- Meal, McDonalds: $4.92
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $3.65
Porto alegre has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 25.0 (weaker than United states average 47.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 34.0 (weaker than United states average 69.6)
- Walking alone at night: 9.5 (weaker than United states average 41.7)
More information: Porto alegre safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: An international driving license is generally recommended, but not necessarily required.
- Direction of traffic: In South America the traffic is right-handed. The only exceptions to this are Guyana and Suriname.
- Age restrictions: In Argentina the age limit for driving is 21 years.
- Roads, bridges and tunnels with toll: Geography of toll roads North and South America