Buenos aires (Argentina)
Buenos Aires is the capital of Argentina and at the same time the largest city in northeastern Argentina. It is located at the southern coast of the Atlantic Ocean. The city is famous for its nightlife, its cultural events, ranging from tango to football, as well as Latin America's largest gay sexual community. Buenos Aires is very tolerant towards homosexual tourists. The city also has a few larger parks, including a Japanese garden and a botanical garden. The city also has the largest Jewish community in Latin American. In Buenos Aires is one of the only two kosher McDonalds restaurants in the world (the other one is in Israel).
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Buenos aires forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Buenos aires is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $44.89, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $159.91, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $33.63
- Hotel (3 stars): $55.84
- Hotel (4 stars): $95.08
- Hotel (5 stars): $229.18
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $2.55
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $4.32
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $1.54
- Meal, McDonalds: $5.38
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $5.61
Buenos aires has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 38.6 (weaker than United states average 48.3)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 60.6 (weaker than United states average 70.0)
- Walking alone at night: 28.4 (weaker than United states average 42.1)
More information: Buenos aires safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: An international driving license is generally recommended, but not necessarily required.
- Direction of traffic: In South America the traffic is right-handed. The only exceptions to this are Guyana and Suriname.
- Age restrictions: In Argentina the age limit for driving is 21 years.
- Roads, bridges and tunnels with toll: Geography of toll roads North and South America