Wellington (New zealand)
Wellington is New Zealand's capital city at the coast of Cook Strait, at the southern tip of the North Island. The city's climate is mild Mediterranean, temperpatures are about 20 C during the summer months and 6 C in the winter. Most of the rain falls in the winter months from May to September. The city is famous not only for its beautiful scenery, including theater, music, art, dance, art galleries and museums. There is also the largest museum of the whole country. The movies Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit had been filmed mainly in the neighboring areas. In the nearby area is also the seal society.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Wellington forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Wellington is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $63.41, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $251.85, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $54.60
- Hotel (3 stars): $85.01
- Hotel (4 stars): $103.67
- Hotel (5 stars): $123.71
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $10.56
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $18.89
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $5.39
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.22
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $12.68
Wellington has been classified as safe with security classification 4/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 70.7 (better than United states average 49.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 88.9 (better than United states average 70.2)
- Walking alone at night: 59.4 (better than United states average 41.0)
More information: Wellington safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent a car.
- Direction of traffic: In Oceania (Australia, New Zealand) the traffic is left-handed.
- Insurance: All rental cars tend to be offered with some form of insurance, but insurance policies rarely are very comprehensive, so make sure, if your travel insurance or your insurance covers damages on rental cars, before taking an additional insurance from a car rental company.
- Driving abroad / in the wider area: You can drive a rental car almost always everywhere without additional fees.