Hobart is the largest city of Australia's Tasmania and it was set up in 1804 as a penal colony. The city's climate is mild Mediterranean, temperatures are ranging from 20 C in summer to 5 C in winter. The city's most famous attractions are including old buildings, a few museum and an art gallery, as well as a botanical garden. The city also has a chocolate factory, a brewery, as well as the huge wineries outside of the actual city.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Hobart forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Hobart is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $61.27, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $271.98, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $9.07
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $15.42
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $5.43
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.48
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $13.59
Hobart has been classified as safe with security classification 4/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 65.1 (better than United states average 49.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 79.8 (better than United states average 70.2)
- Walking alone at night: 56.8 (better than United states average 41.0)
More information: Hobart safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent a car.
- Direction of traffic: In Oceania (Australia, New Zealand) the traffic is left-handed.
- Insurance: All rental cars tend to be offered with some form of insurance, but insurance policies rarely are very comprehensive, so make sure, if your travel insurance or your insurance covers damages on rental cars, before taking an additional insurance from a car rental company.
- Driving abroad / in the wider area: You can drive a rental car almost always everywhere without additional fees.