Brisbane is Australia's third most populous city. It is located at the east coast at the estuary of the river of the same name. The city's climate is subtropical and humid. The temperatures are typically 30 degrees centigrade in summer and in winter 7 C. Rain falls mainly in the summer from October to April. The city has a number of good museums, old churches and cathedrals, as well as a botanical garden. The city is located 9 km river downstream to the sea. At the sea you can go swimming, snorkelling and participate in marine wildlife watching trips.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Brisbane forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Brisbane is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $71.09, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $261.78, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $49.38
- Hotel (3 stars): $85.69
- Hotel (4 stars): $114.40
- Hotel (5 stars): $138.91
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $9.83
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $16.45
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $5.69
- Meal, McDonalds: $8.54
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $14.22
Brisbane has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 65.0 (better than United states average 48.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 80.9 (better than United states average 69.6)
- Walking alone at night: 51.5 (better than United states average 41.8)
More information: Brisbane safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent a car.
- Direction of traffic: In Oceania (Australia, New Zealand) the traffic is left-handed.
- Insurance: All rental cars tend to be offered with some form of insurance, but insurance policies rarely are very comprehensive, so make sure, if your travel insurance or your insurance covers damages on rental cars, before taking an additional insurance from a car rental company.
- Driving abroad / in the wider area: You can drive a rental car almost always everywhere without additional fees.