Adelaide is the largest city in South Australia. In contrast to other major cities in Australia it has never been used as a penal colony, but as a place to establish the former prisoners as free people. The city's biggest attractions are the beautiful sandy beaches, the wild nightlife, the fine dining restaurants and Australia's best cafes, as well as art and events. Historical buildings are mainly concentrated near the port and just outside the city there are three fairly large nature reserves. The zoo of Adelaide is the only place in Australia, where you can see pandas.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Adelaide forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Adelaide is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $62.99, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $226.94, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $49.69
- Hotel (3 stars): $74.24
- Hotel (4 stars): $116.13
- Hotel (5 stars): $138.56
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $8.75
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $14.45
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $4.89
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.33
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $12.23
Adelaide has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 71.6 (better than United states average 48.3)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 83.0 (better than United states average 70.0)
- Walking alone at night: 58.5 (better than United states average 42.1)
More information: Adelaide safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent a car.
- Direction of traffic: In Oceania (Australia, New Zealand) the traffic is left-handed.
- Insurance: All rental cars tend to be offered with some form of insurance, but insurance policies rarely are very comprehensive, so make sure, if your travel insurance or your insurance covers damages on rental cars, before taking an additional insurance from a car rental company.
- Driving abroad / in the wider area: You can drive a rental car almost always everywhere without additional fees.