Seattle (United states)
Seattle is a large coastal city in the northwestern part of the United States, located on the Pacific Ocean. The city is called the "the moist green diamond of the United States" due to the large number of evergreen trees in the urban area and its location between the sea and two different mountains. The city's most famous attractions are the 184-m-high tower, called Space Needle, with an observation deck at 160 m above sea level, as well as its recognizable skylines due to the many skyscrapers. Seattle is also home of the Pike Place Market, the oldest still in use farmers' market of the United States, a large number of good museums, modern tower blocks as well as many parks in the city."
Monthly Weather Conditions
The best weather in Seattle is from late June to early September. July and August are the busiest months when hotels are full and restaurants are crowded. May, June, September, and October usually have nice weather and fewer tourists making them great months to visit if you're not after hot summer weather.
More information: Seattle forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Seattle is an expensive destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $92.67, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $301.83, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $76.85
- Hotel (3 stars): $130.66
- Hotel (4 stars): $236.17
- Hotel (5 stars): $274.49
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $12.14
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $20.87
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $5.00
- Meal, McDonalds: $8.01
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $15.01
Seattle has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 51.5 (better than United states average 48.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 74.2 (better than United states average 69.6)
- Walking alone at night: 46.0 (better than United states average 41.8)
More information: Seattle safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: It is recommended that the traveller should carry an international driving license as a translation of the Finnish driving license. Passport and a credit card are required to rent a car.
- Direction of traffic: The traffic in the United States and Canada is right-handed.
- Insurance: It is recommended to take a paid insurance for rental cars. Standard car insurances do not have an insurance retracted, if your travel insurance does not cover something related to leasing. Without an insurance the driver is responsible, if a crash occurs, or if the car gets stolen or broken up. If you get into a crash, the insurance of the person responsible for the accident may cover the cost for the damage on your rental car, but not in every case, so you should first call the police and it can be tricky to obtain a compensation. The exception to this is New York, where the law prescribes, that the insurance has to cover a minimal insurance for rental cars.
- Driving in the wider area: Some rental companies do not allow the export of theirs cars over the state border, you should check that in advance.