San jose (United states)
San Jose is a large city the western part of the United States, located in California. The city is known as the capital of Silicon Valley and for several technology production sites. The city center is very compact and packed with offices, hotels, shopping centers, restaurants and nightclubs. The city also has its own ice hockey team and a famous baseball team and two large amusement parks (California's Great America and Raging Waters) and an open-air skating rink, surrounded by palm trees. The city's nightlife is fairly brisk, although the locals think, that it has either significantly improved or slightly deteriorated.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: San jose forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, San jose is an expensive destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $75.66, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $253.04, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $74.12
- Hotel (3 stars): $86.48
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $12.78
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $21.97
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $4.50
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.51
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $15.01
San jose has been classified as safe with security classification 4/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 57.7 (better than United states average 48.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 78.2 (better than United states average 69.0)
- Walking alone at night: 52.5 (better than United states average 41.3)
More information: San jose safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: It is recommended that the traveller should carry an international driving license as a translation of the Finnish driving license. Passport and a credit card are required to rent a car.
- Direction of traffic: The traffic in the United States and Canada is right-handed.
- Insurance: It is recommended to take a paid insurance for rental cars. Standard car insurances do not have an insurance retracted, if your travel insurance does not cover something related to leasing. Without an insurance the driver is responsible, if a crash occurs, or if the car gets stolen or broken up. If you get into a crash, the insurance of the person responsible for the accident may cover the cost for the damage on your rental car, but not in every case, so you should first call the police and it can be tricky to obtain a compensation. The exception to this is New York, where the law prescribes, that the insurance has to cover a minimal insurance for rental cars.
- Driving in the wider area: Some rental companies do not allow the export of theirs cars over the state border, you should check that in advance.