San diego (United states)
San Diego is a major city in California, located at the peninsula of the west coast of the United States. The border between the US and Mexico runs immediately south of the city and the Mexican city of Tijuana is just behind the border. San Diego is known for its warm and mild climate throughout the year, its long sandy beaches and its natural deep-water harbor. San Diego is especially popular among surfers and sunbathers, but there are also a few museums from the Spanish authorities, two large aquariums and charming harbor seals.
Monthly Weather Conditions
The best times to visit San Diego are March through May and September through November. You can find some great deals on travel rates during the low seasons in comparison to the peak summer season.
More information: San diego forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, San diego is an expensive destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $64.84, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $296.04, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $70.63
- Hotel (3 stars): $131.28
- Hotel (4 stars): $203.46
- Hotel (5 stars): $311.18
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $12.44
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $21.44
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $4.48
- Meal, McDonalds: $6.97
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $14.95
San diego has been classified as safe with security classification 4/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 63.5 (better than United states average 48.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 83.8 (better than United states average 70.3)
- Walking alone at night: 54.7 (better than United states average 41.2)
More information: San diego safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: It is recommended that the traveller should carry an international driving license as a translation of the Finnish driving license. Passport and a credit card are required to rent a car.
- Direction of traffic: The traffic in the United States and Canada is right-handed.
- Insurance: It is recommended to take a paid insurance for rental cars. Standard car insurances do not have an insurance retracted, if your travel insurance does not cover something related to leasing. Without an insurance the driver is responsible, if a crash occurs, or if the car gets stolen or broken up. If you get into a crash, the insurance of the person responsible for the accident may cover the cost for the damage on your rental car, but not in every case, so you should first call the police and it can be tricky to obtain a compensation. The exception to this is New York, where the law prescribes, that the insurance has to cover a minimal insurance for rental cars.
- Driving in the wider area: Some rental companies do not allow the export of theirs cars over the state border, you should check that in advance.