Phoenix (United states)
Phoenix is a large city in the southwestern parts of the United States, in the state of Arizona. The city's climate is dry desert summer temperatures averaging +30 C or over and winter +20 C - +10 C. Rainfalls are very rare and rain days are only 30. The city's major attractions are Arizonas science center, The Botanical Garden and the numerous museums. The city also hosts annual film festival and also the combination of rock concert and marathon.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Phoenix forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Phoenix is an expensive destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $74.57, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $270.07, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $75.61
- Hotel (3 stars): $131.53
- Hotel (4 stars): $202.31
- Hotel (5 stars): $431.17
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $13.29
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $22.90
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $5.00
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.99
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $14.98
Phoenix has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 48.0 (a little weaker than United states average 48.3)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 72.1 (a little better than United states average 70.0)
- Walking alone at night: 38.3 (weaker than United states average 42.1)
More information: Phoenix safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: It is recommended that the traveller should carry an international driving license as a translation of the Finnish driving license. Passport and a credit card are required to rent a car.
- Direction of traffic: The traffic in the United States and Canada is right-handed.
- Insurance: It is recommended to take a paid insurance for rental cars. Standard car insurances do not have an insurance retracted, if your travel insurance does not cover something related to leasing. Without an insurance the driver is responsible, if a crash occurs, or if the car gets stolen or broken up. If you get into a crash, the insurance of the person responsible for the accident may cover the cost for the damage on your rental car, but not in every case, so you should first call the police and it can be tricky to obtain a compensation. The exception to this is New York, where the law prescribes, that the insurance has to cover a minimal insurance for rental cars.
- Driving in the wider area: Some rental companies do not allow the export of theirs cars over the state border, you should check that in advance.