Orlando (United states)
Orlando is a major city in Florida in the United States. The city is mainly known for the nearby Disney World, but in Orlando are also other major theme parks and amusement parks. The most significant attractions of Orlando are the local SeaWorld and the Universal Orlando Resort, where you can find a tremendous variety of roller coasters, as well as Gator Land, the largest alligator park of the United States. The climate is subtropical. The area is mostly visited by tourists during the summer months.
Monthly Weather Conditions
Weather-wise, the best time to visit Orlando is from January to April, as there is little rain and the temperatures are pleasantly warm but not unbearable. The crowds during these months are also fairly low although there are exceptions during Spring Break and Easter.
More information: Orlando forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Orlando is an expensive destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $74.72, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $261.70, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $72.53
- Hotel (3 stars): $125.99
- Hotel (4 stars): $175.63
- Hotel (5 stars): $383.65
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $12.81
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $21.99
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $4.53
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.53
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $15.07
Orlando has been classified as fairly safe with security classification 3/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 47.3 (a little weaker than United states average 48.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 66.9 (a little weaker than United states average 69.0)
- Walking alone at night: 37.3 (weaker than United states average 41.3)
More information: Orlando safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: It is recommended that the traveller should carry an international driving license as a translation of the Finnish driving license. Passport and a credit card are required to rent a car.
- Direction of traffic: The traffic in the United States and Canada is right-handed.
- Insurance: It is recommended to take a paid insurance for rental cars. Standard car insurances do not have an insurance retracted, if your travel insurance does not cover something related to leasing. Without an insurance the driver is responsible, if a crash occurs, or if the car gets stolen or broken up. If you get into a crash, the insurance of the person responsible for the accident may cover the cost for the damage on your rental car, but not in every case, so you should first call the police and it can be tricky to obtain a compensation. The exception to this is New York, where the law prescribes, that the insurance has to cover a minimal insurance for rental cars.
- Driving in the wider area: Some rental companies do not allow the export of theirs cars over the state border, you should check that in advance.