Minneapolis (United states)
Minneapolis is a large city in the north of the United States, located at the Mississippi River in the state of Minnesota. The city's climate is continental with hot summers (average temperatures are about 20 C) and cold winters (-15 C). Rainfall occurs as snow in the winter and in form of thunderstorms during the summer. The city is part of the Minneapolis-Saint Paul twin city on both sides of the river. The main attraction is the scenery of the surrounding lakes and rivers. Within the city there are also numerous parks, theaters, museums, tower houses, the Skyway (a walking tunnel, that is built above the street and connects downtown buildings) and the art galleries.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Minneapolis forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Minneapolis is an expensive destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $84.84, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $245.43, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $69.64
- Hotel (3 stars): $101.45
- Hotel (4 stars): $111.70
- Hotel (5 stars): $132.20
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $12.49
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $21.43
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $4.51
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.00
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $15.01
Minneapolis has been classified as fairly safe with security classification 3/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 50.4 (a little better than United states average 49.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 70.6 (a little better than United states average 70.2)
- Walking alone at night: 37.4 (weaker than United states average 41.0)
More information: Minneapolis safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: It is recommended that the traveller should carry an international driving license as a translation of the Finnish driving license. Passport and a credit card are required to rent a car.
- Direction of traffic: The traffic in the United States and Canada is right-handed.
- Insurance: It is recommended to take a paid insurance for rental cars. Standard car insurances do not have an insurance retracted, if your travel insurance does not cover something related to leasing. Without an insurance the driver is responsible, if a crash occurs, or if the car gets stolen or broken up. If you get into a crash, the insurance of the person responsible for the accident may cover the cost for the damage on your rental car, but not in every case, so you should first call the police and it can be tricky to obtain a compensation. The exception to this is New York, where the law prescribes, that the insurance has to cover a minimal insurance for rental cars.
- Driving in the wider area: Some rental companies do not allow the export of theirs cars over the state border, you should check that in advance.