Los angeles (United states)
Los Angeles, or simply L.A. is the city in the United States with the second largest population. It is located in California at the peninsula of the west coast of the United States. The city is very famous for its skylines, its beaches, the movie company Universal Studios and Hollywood. In the area of the city are filmed many well-known TV series, movies, and even commercials. L.A. also has an excellent selection of museums and parks, and the little chance to get to see one of the many well-known celebrities. - Although the odds are not very good, because the city is so big. "
Monthly Weather Conditions
There is always something to do in the City of Angels. Breathable air, moderate room rates, and less rigorous tourist crowds turn March to May and September to November into the best time to visit Los Angeles. Spring is all about enjoying whale watching and poppy blooming, while fall is perfect for surfing, exploring the city and enjoying Disneyland with shorter queues (except Halloween and Thanksgiving). Pricey and misty peak season from June to August will guide you straight to overpacked beaches.
More information: Los angeles forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Los angeles is an expensive destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $62.50, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $299.88, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $85.57
- Hotel (3 stars): $137.51
- Hotel (4 stars): $217.32
- Hotel (5 stars): $503.20
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $13.25
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $22.83
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $4.98
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.98
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $14.96
Los angeles has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 53.9 (better than United states average 48.3)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 73.0 (a little better than United states average 70.0)
- Walking alone at night: 50.0 (better than United states average 42.1)
More information: Los angeles safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: It is recommended that the traveller should carry an international driving license as a translation of the Finnish driving license. Passport and a credit card are required to rent a car.
- Direction of traffic: The traffic in the United States and Canada is right-handed.
- Insurance: It is recommended to take a paid insurance for rental cars. Standard car insurances do not have an insurance retracted, if your travel insurance does not cover something related to leasing. Without an insurance the driver is responsible, if a crash occurs, or if the car gets stolen or broken up. If you get into a crash, the insurance of the person responsible for the accident may cover the cost for the damage on your rental car, but not in every case, so you should first call the police and it can be tricky to obtain a compensation. The exception to this is New York, where the law prescribes, that the insurance has to cover a minimal insurance for rental cars.
- Driving in the wider area: Some rental companies do not allow the export of theirs cars over the state border, you should check that in advance.