Las vegas (United states)
Las Vegas is a large city in the Mojave desert in southern Nevada, in the United States. The local climate is hot and dry throughout the year, but in July rain may occur. The city is known primarily as the world's largest casino. The biggest city attractions are the enormous complex of hotels, casinos and amusement parks as well as the raucous nightlife. In addition to that, the area also has a fairly large dolphin aquarium (Mirage casino), famous dancing fountains (the Bellagio casino) and a Botanical Gardens (Bellagio casino).
Monthly Weather Conditions
The best time to visit Las Vegas is from March to May and from September to November. While you'll find plenty of travel deals throughout the year, the spring and fall shoulder seasons offer the most moderate weather.
More information: Las vegas forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Las vegas is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $61.51, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $221.73, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $65.51
- Hotel (3 stars): $109.09
- Hotel (4 stars): $126.75
- Hotel (5 stars): $195.72
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $11.91
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $20.45
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $4.99
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.98
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $14.97
Las vegas has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 44.2 (weaker than United states average 48.3)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 66.8 (a little weaker than United states average 70.0)
- Walking alone at night: 39.0 (weaker than United states average 42.1)
More information: Las vegas safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: It is recommended that the traveller should carry an international driving license as a translation of the Finnish driving license. Passport and a credit card are required to rent a car.
- Direction of traffic: The traffic in the United States and Canada is right-handed.
- Insurance: It is recommended to take a paid insurance for rental cars. Standard car insurances do not have an insurance retracted, if your travel insurance does not cover something related to leasing. Without an insurance the driver is responsible, if a crash occurs, or if the car gets stolen or broken up. If you get into a crash, the insurance of the person responsible for the accident may cover the cost for the damage on your rental car, but not in every case, so you should first call the police and it can be tricky to obtain a compensation. The exception to this is New York, where the law prescribes, that the insurance has to cover a minimal insurance for rental cars.
- Driving in the wider area: Some rental companies do not allow the export of theirs cars over the state border, you should check that in advance.