Key west (United states)
Key West is a small town on the eponymous island. It is located at the Peninsula of Florida, at the southernmost point in the United States. The island's climate is almost tropical, thanks to the Gulf Stream. Despite the warmth of the island's sandy beaches, they are mediocre at best, but the nightlife is relatively lively. The city's cemeteries are one of the biggest attractions. The bodies were buried in the earth, because the water level is too close to excavate. The island's long history of various governments has created a very diverse population. Headstones, that say "I told you." or "At least now I know where he sleeps." are common."
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Key west forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Key west is an expensive destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $78.98, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $265.11, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $12.08
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $20.76
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $4.97
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.96
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $14.93
Key west has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 73.9 (better than United states average 48.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 83.3 (better than United states average 69.6)
- Walking alone at night: 63.9 (better than United states average 41.8)
More information: Key west safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: It is recommended that the traveller should carry an international driving license as a translation of the Finnish driving license. Passport and a credit card are required to rent a car.
- Direction of traffic: The traffic in the United States and Canada is right-handed.
- Insurance: It is recommended to take a paid insurance for rental cars. Standard car insurances do not have an insurance retracted, if your travel insurance does not cover something related to leasing. Without an insurance the driver is responsible, if a crash occurs, or if the car gets stolen or broken up. If you get into a crash, the insurance of the person responsible for the accident may cover the cost for the damage on your rental car, but not in every case, so you should first call the police and it can be tricky to obtain a compensation. The exception to this is New York, where the law prescribes, that the insurance has to cover a minimal insurance for rental cars.
- Driving in the wider area: Some rental companies do not allow the export of theirs cars over the state border, you should check that in advance.