Kansas city (United states)
Kansas City (often abbreviated as KC) is a big city at the border of the states Kansas and Missouri, located in the central part of the the United States. The local climate is continental and the temperatures in winter can vary from mild to cold (-5 ° C to -19 C) and the summers are usually hot (27 C). Rainfall is generally low, in spite of the high humidity. The city has a significant number of fountains, avenues (boulevards) and modern tower buildings, a few good museums, a couple of smaller casinos, the US grilling championships, as well as a good aquarium. In addition to general major cities security tricks, it is good to remember, that KC is the tornado hallway of the United States, and everyone should know, what to do if the alarm starts (except on the first Wednesday of every month, in the afternoon, when the sirens are tested).
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Kansas city forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Kansas city is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $68.84, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $247.70, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $60.99
- Hotel (3 stars): $100.65
- Hotel (4 stars): $161.64
- Hotel (5 stars): $149.45
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $13.29
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $22.90
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $5.00
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.99
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $14.98
Kansas city has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 40.2 (weaker than United states average 48.3)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 71.0 (a little better than United states average 70.0)
- Walking alone at night: 30.9 (weaker than United states average 42.1)
More information: Kansas city safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: It is recommended that the traveller should carry an international driving license as a translation of the Finnish driving license. Passport and a credit card are required to rent a car.
- Direction of traffic: The traffic in the United States and Canada is right-handed.
- Insurance: It is recommended to take a paid insurance for rental cars. Standard car insurances do not have an insurance retracted, if your travel insurance does not cover something related to leasing. Without an insurance the driver is responsible, if a crash occurs, or if the car gets stolen or broken up. If you get into a crash, the insurance of the person responsible for the accident may cover the cost for the damage on your rental car, but not in every case, so you should first call the police and it can be tricky to obtain a compensation. The exception to this is New York, where the law prescribes, that the insurance has to cover a minimal insurance for rental cars.
- Driving in the wider area: Some rental companies do not allow the export of theirs cars over the state border, you should check that in advance.