Dallas (United states)
Dallas is a big city in the south of the United States, located in the state of Texas. The city's climate is humid subtropical, the temperatures remain near 25 C in summer and around 5 C in winter (from October to April). Rain falls mostly in spring and autumn, in winter snowfall is rare. The town is mostly famous as a paradise for shoppers, because there are the most shopping centers in relation to the population in the United States. The city also has a number of good museums, two large aquariums, a huge zoo, as well as a number of their own sports teams in several popular sports.
Monthly Weather Conditions
Best time to visit Dallas is during the spring season, which lasts from March to April. The weather is much cooler during these months, with temperatures ranging from 20 °C to 30 °C. One can witness and experience different festivals like the North Texas Irish Festival, the Deep Ellum Arts Festival, etc. The autumn season which lasts from September to October is also considered as a good time to visit. The temperature ranges are similar to that of the spring season.
More information: Dallas forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Dallas is an expensive destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $82.45, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $253.21, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $65.22
- Hotel (3 stars): $98.70
- Hotel (4 stars): $152.45
- Hotel (5 stars): $362.67
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $12.14
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $20.85
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $5.00
- Meal, McDonalds: $8.00
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $15.00
Dallas has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 50.0 (a little better than United states average 48.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 72.9 (a little better than United states average 69.6)
- Walking alone at night: 39.9 (a little weaker than United states average 41.8)
More information: Dallas safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: It is recommended that the traveller should carry an international driving license as a translation of the Finnish driving license. Passport and a credit card are required to rent a car.
- Direction of traffic: The traffic in the United States and Canada is right-handed.
- Insurance: It is recommended to take a paid insurance for rental cars. Standard car insurances do not have an insurance retracted, if your travel insurance does not cover something related to leasing. Without an insurance the driver is responsible, if a crash occurs, or if the car gets stolen or broken up. If you get into a crash, the insurance of the person responsible for the accident may cover the cost for the damage on your rental car, but not in every case, so you should first call the police and it can be tricky to obtain a compensation. The exception to this is New York, where the law prescribes, that the insurance has to cover a minimal insurance for rental cars.
- Driving in the wider area: Some rental companies do not allow the export of theirs cars over the state border, you should check that in advance.