Boston (United states)
Boston is a major city at the north-east coast of the United States, located on the Atlantic Ocean. The city is one of America's oldest. The main attractions are the city's numerous historical sites, museums, and large amounts of live performances. The city also has a sizeable aquarium and a few bigger art galleries. The famous Harvard University is also nearby. St. Patrick's Day is very important in Boston, because it is home to the largest Irish population outside of Ireland itself. The region's main sports are baseball and American football.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Boston forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Boston is an expensive destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $103.74, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $316.46, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $87.76
- Hotel (3 stars): $117.23
- Hotel (4 stars): $184.06
- Hotel (5 stars): $349.61
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $12.77
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $21.93
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $4.51
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.51
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $15.01
Boston has been classified as safe with security classification 4/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 65.0 (better than United states average 48.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 84.8 (better than United states average 69.0)
- Walking alone at night: 59.0 (better than United states average 41.3)
More information: Boston safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: It is recommended that the traveller should carry an international driving license as a translation of the Finnish driving license. Passport and a credit card are required to rent a car.
- Direction of traffic: The traffic in the United States and Canada is right-handed.
- Insurance: It is recommended to take a paid insurance for rental cars. Standard car insurances do not have an insurance retracted, if your travel insurance does not cover something related to leasing. Without an insurance the driver is responsible, if a crash occurs, or if the car gets stolen or broken up. If you get into a crash, the insurance of the person responsible for the accident may cover the cost for the damage on your rental car, but not in every case, so you should first call the police and it can be tricky to obtain a compensation. The exception to this is New York, where the law prescribes, that the insurance has to cover a minimal insurance for rental cars.
- Driving in the wider area: Some rental companies do not allow the export of theirs cars over the state border, you should check that in advance.