Atlanta (United states)
Atlanta is a metropolis, located in the Eastern US. The city is famous for its thousands of peach trees, its recognizable skylines and the sweet tea. The Olympics were held in Atlanta in 1996. The city also has a number of good museums, its own opera, ballet and symphony orchestra. Among the most famous events in the region is probably the 4-day sci-fi / fantasy event, the Dragon-Con, which is held every year at the Labor Day weekend (the weekend of the first Monday of September). Atlanta is also the US retail sales center and it is always very easy to find something to buy, from antiquity to cheap T-shirts. The town also has a colorful nightlife, but perhaps not as lively as the city's size would suggest.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Atlanta forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Atlanta is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $68.96, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $228.18, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $62.19
- Hotel (3 stars): $98.83
- Hotel (4 stars): $122.51
- Hotel (5 stars): $351.72
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $12.78
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $21.97
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $4.50
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.51
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $15.01
Atlanta has been classified as fairly safe with security classification 3/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 37.8 (weaker than United states average 48.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 62.3 (weaker than United states average 69.0)
- Walking alone at night: 26.8 (weaker than United states average 41.3)
More information: Atlanta safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: It is recommended that the traveller should carry an international driving license as a translation of the Finnish driving license. Passport and a credit card are required to rent a car.
- Direction of traffic: The traffic in the United States and Canada is right-handed.
- Insurance: It is recommended to take a paid insurance for rental cars. Standard car insurances do not have an insurance retracted, if your travel insurance does not cover something related to leasing. Without an insurance the driver is responsible, if a crash occurs, or if the car gets stolen or broken up. If you get into a crash, the insurance of the person responsible for the accident may cover the cost for the damage on your rental car, but not in every case, so you should first call the police and it can be tricky to obtain a compensation. The exception to this is New York, where the law prescribes, that the insurance has to cover a minimal insurance for rental cars.
- Driving in the wider area: Some rental companies do not allow the export of theirs cars over the state border, you should check that in advance.