Plymouth (United kingdom)
Plymouth is a large city in England's southwestern corner, located on the Atlantic Ocean. The city's climate is maritime, the average temperature is 22 C in summer and 5 C in winter. The Rainfall is fairly large throughout year, but it increases significantly during the winter. The city is mainly popular among English tourists, who use it as a stepping stone to the sand beaches and the countryside in the surrounding area. In addition, the natural harbor is one of the best in Europe, and there are offered a lot of boat trips in the local area.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Plymouth forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Plymouth is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $77.29, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $234.41, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $107.25
- Hotel (3 stars): $102.66
- Hotel (4 stars): $122.56
- Hotel (5 stars): $191.08
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $12.85
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $21.68
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $4.83
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.36
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $16.08
Plymouth has been classified as fairly safe with security classification 3/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 61.6 (better than United states average 48.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 80.6 (better than United states average 69.0)
- Walking alone at night: 43.7 (better than United states average 41.3)
More information: Plymouth safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: In the European Union / Schengen a driver's license from an EU country is sufficient, although for North Americans it is recommended to carry a separate international driving license, in addition to the American driving license.
- Direction of traffic: In Europe the traffic is mainly right-handed. The exception is Great Britain, which is left-handed traffic.
- Insurance: In Western Europe, all rental cars include some kind of insurance, so additional insurance policies are often unnecessary (unless you are going to Russia or Eastern Europe).
- Driving abroad: You can drive a rental car almost everywhere within all countries of the European Union / Schengen territory without additional fees. Eastern European countries and Russia are the exceptions and you should always ask the car rental company in advance about the rules.