Chester (United kingdom)
Chester is a small city in central England, located at the Dee River. Chester is known for one of the best preserved surrounding city walls in Europe and the city's medieval center has also been exceptionally well preserved. The city has a considerable Cathedral and a fine park with a miniature railway. In the area you can also rent favorable boats on the Dee River and there are held traditional English horse races in Chester. Most of the city's shops are in the historic center along the promenade.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Chester forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Chester is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $68.27, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $266.74, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $12.52
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $21.13
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $4.82
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.16
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $15.64
Chester has been classified as safe with security classification 4/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 79.1 (better than United states average 49.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 90.0 (better than United states average 69.0)
- Walking alone at night: 61.4 (better than United states average 41.3)
More information: Chester safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: In the European Union / Schengen a driver's license from an EU country is sufficient, although for North Americans it is recommended to carry a separate international driving license, in addition to the American driving license.
- Direction of traffic: In Europe the traffic is mainly right-handed. The exception is Great Britain, which is left-handed traffic.
- Insurance: In Western Europe, all rental cars include some kind of insurance, so additional insurance policies are often unnecessary (unless you are going to Russia or Eastern Europe).
- Driving abroad: You can drive a rental car almost everywhere within all countries of the European Union / Schengen territory without additional fees. Eastern European countries and Russia are the exceptions and you should always ask the car rental company in advance about the rules.