Bath (United kingdom)
Bath is a small city in southwest England, located at the shore of the Avon River, 156 km west of London. The Romans built the first spas and the temple in Bath 60 years after the beginning of the Christian era, because the area has hot springs. The hot springs are still the biggest attraction in the city, although the city's long history has added the Georgian and Victorian architecture to it. The biggest attraction is the almost completely preserved and well restored Roman bath house, where England's only mineral-rich hot spring to takes care of the water temperature. Another landmark is the crescent-shaped house complex, which was built in the 1700s.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Bath forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Bath is an expensive destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $63.81, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $312.18, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $80.44
- Hotel (3 stars): $120.65
- Hotel (4 stars): $155.60
- Hotel (5 stars): $218.47
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $11.87
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $20.47
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $4.72
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.54
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $15.08
Bath has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 74.8 (better than United states average 49.2)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 86.6 (better than United states average 71.2)
- Walking alone at night: 64.7 (better than United states average 42.9)
More information: Bath safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: In the European Union / Schengen a driver's license from an EU country is sufficient, although for North Americans it is recommended to carry a separate international driving license, in addition to the American driving license.
- Direction of traffic: In Europe the traffic is mainly right-handed. The exception is Great Britain, which is left-handed traffic.
- Insurance: In Western Europe, all rental cars include some kind of insurance, so additional insurance policies are often unnecessary (unless you are going to Russia or Eastern Europe).
- Driving abroad: You can drive a rental car almost everywhere within all countries of the European Union / Schengen territory without additional fees. Eastern European countries and Russia are the exceptions and you should always ask the car rental company in advance about the rules.