Zaragoza is a city in the northeast of Spain, located at the source of Ebro River. The city's climate is Mediterranean-continental, so in winter the temperature is often only a few degrees Celsius, while it can reach 40 C in summer. The cold northeast wind, that blows often in the area, can make warm autumn days cold and even bring temperatures up to -15 C in the winter. The area's most famous attractions are the Roman Catholic church "Senora de Pilar" and the Moorish-fashioned palace "Palacio de la Aljaferia". The city also has numerous museums and other churches as well as the largest river aquarium of Europe."
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Zaragoza forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Zaragoza is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $61.59, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $187.99, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Basic hotel: $71.33
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $13.06
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $21.75
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $3.04
- Meal, McDonalds: $9.11
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $13.37
Zaragoza has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 66.9 (better than United states average 47.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 82.8 (better than United states average 69.6)
- Walking alone at night: 64.0 (better than United states average 41.7)
More information: Zaragoza safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: In the European Union / Schengen a driver's license from an EU country is sufficient, although for North Americans it is recommended to carry a separate international driving license, in addition to the American driving license.
- Direction of traffic: In Europe the traffic is mainly right-handed. The exception is Great Britain, which is left-handed traffic.
- Insurance: In Western Europe, all rental cars include some kind of insurance, so additional insurance policies are often unnecessary (unless you are going to Russia or Eastern Europe).
- Driving abroad: You can drive a rental car almost everywhere within all countries of the European Union / Schengen territory without additional fees. Eastern European countries and Russia are the exceptions and you should always ask the car rental company in advance about the rules.