Fuengirola is a major city on the Spanish Costa del Sol, near Gibraltar. The city is a famous tourist destination and famous attractions are the more than 8 km long sandy beach and the medieval fortress. Besides the beach and the beach activities, the area also has a few ruins of the Roman Empire, and a zoo, which is open at night during the summer months. The Finns know Fuengirola also due to the eponymous TV series, which introduced the life of the Finnish community in this area. The city is very compact and concentrated around the beach, so walking is one of the best ways to travel.
Monthly Weather Conditions
The best time to go to Fuengirola is in spring or autumn for comfortable temperatures and plenty of sunshine. The average temperature in early spring is 14°C with highs of 18°C at peak times of the day. The autumn months have the same temperatures with evening lows of 10°C.
Winter is the wettest time of the year, but the rain wont get in the way of your holiday as showers are usually short and light.
If you love the sun and want to spend as much time as you can on the beach, come in the summer. July and August are the hottest months of the year with highs of 29°C. Its the best time to visit if you want to soak up the Mediterranean sunshine, swim in the mild sea and avoid the rain.
More information: Fuengirola forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Fuengirola is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $61.62, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $188.08, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Basic hotel: $71.36
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $13.07
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $21.76
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $3.04
- Meal, McDonalds: $9.12
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $13.31
Fuengirola has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 48.4 (a little better than United states average 47.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 77.3 (better than United states average 69.6)
- Walking alone at night: 47.7 (better than United states average 41.7)
More information: Fuengirola safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: In the European Union / Schengen a driver's license from an EU country is sufficient, although for North Americans it is recommended to carry a separate international driving license, in addition to the American driving license.
- Direction of traffic: In Europe the traffic is mainly right-handed. The exception is Great Britain, which is left-handed traffic.
- Insurance: In Western Europe, all rental cars include some kind of insurance, so additional insurance policies are often unnecessary (unless you are going to Russia or Eastern Europe).
- Driving abroad: You can drive a rental car almost everywhere within all countries of the European Union / Schengen territory without additional fees. Eastern European countries and Russia are the exceptions and you should always ask the car rental company in advance about the rules.