Almeria is a bigger city at the southern Spanish coast of the Mediterranean Sea. The city's climate is subtropical half-arid, but the summers are hot (over 30 C) and the winters are mild (8 C). Rain falls only on an average of 25 days per year, which is the lowest in Europe. The city has a medieval castle, the impressive cathedral of the castle, the ruins of the San Cristóbal castle, as well as Europe's longest aerial bombardment shelters, which are open to tourists.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Almeria forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Almeria is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $52.71, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $143.13, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $72.98
- Hotel (3 stars): $57.04
- Hotel (4 stars): $72.44
- Hotel (5 stars): $70.26
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $11.10
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $18.33
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $2.76
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.73
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $11.04
Almeria has been classified as safe with security classification 4/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 53.6 (better than United states average 49.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 75.0 (better than United states average 70.2)
- Walking alone at night: 42.9 (a little better than United states average 41.0)
More information: Almeria safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: In the European Union / Schengen a driver's license from an EU country is sufficient, although for North Americans it is recommended to carry a separate international driving license, in addition to the American driving license.
- Direction of traffic: In Europe the traffic is mainly right-handed. The exception is Great Britain, which is left-handed traffic.
- Insurance: In Western Europe, all rental cars include some kind of insurance, so additional insurance policies are often unnecessary (unless you are going to Russia or Eastern Europe).
- Driving abroad: You can drive a rental car almost everywhere within all countries of the European Union / Schengen territory without additional fees. Eastern European countries and Russia are the exceptions and you should always ask the car rental company in advance about the rules.