Ljubljana is the capital city of Slovenia in the central part of the country at the banks of the river of the same name. The city's climate is between the Mediterranean and subtropical. During the summer the average temperature is 22 C and in winter -1 C. Rainfall is on a steady level throughout the year, although from December to February, it falls in the form of snow. The city is not a world-famous tourist attraction, but it is itself fairly beautiful. The city has a good museum, an opera and a theater.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Ljubljana forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Ljubljana is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $58.53, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $174.79, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $37.75
- Hotel (3 stars): $73.01
- Hotel (4 stars): $104.31
- Hotel (5 stars): $101.73
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $6.05
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $10.98
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $2.77
- Meal, McDonalds: $5.55
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $8.88
Ljubljana has been classified as extremely safe with security classification 5/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 78.6 (better than United states average 48.8)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 90.7 (better than United states average 68.9)
- Walking alone at night: 76.5 (better than United states average 41.2)
More information: Ljubljana safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: In the European Union / Schengen a driver's license from an EU country is sufficient, although for North Americans it is recommended to carry a separate international driving license, in addition to the American driving license.
- Direction of traffic: In Europe the traffic is mainly right-handed. The exception is Great Britain, which is left-handed traffic.
- Insurance: In Western Europe, all rental cars include some kind of insurance, so additional insurance policies are often unnecessary (unless you are going to Russia or Eastern Europe).
- Driving abroad: You can drive a rental car almost everywhere within all countries of the European Union / Schengen territory without additional fees. Eastern European countries and Russia are the exceptions and you should always ask the car rental company in advance about the rules.