Valletta is the capital city of the island Malta at the eastern part of the Mediterranean cost. The city's climate is typical Mediterranean, in summer the temperatures are between 20 C and 40 C and in winter between 1 C and 15 C. Rain falls in this area mainly in the winter. The city is famous for its old buildings, its amazing shopping opportunities, as well as for a large number of restaurants, cafes, bars, clubs and cultural events. The city's most famous building is the St. John's Co-Cathedral, which is considered to be one of Europe's finest.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Valletta forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Valletta is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $69.62, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $244.76, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Basic hotel: $78.36
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $12.46
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $20.05
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $3.04
- Meal, McDonalds: $9.72
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $18.23
Valletta has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 69.1 (better than United states average 47.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 89.3 (better than United states average 69.6)
- Walking alone at night: 74.8 (better than United states average 41.7)
More information: Valletta safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: In the European Union / Schengen a driver's license from an EU country is sufficient, although for North Americans it is recommended to carry a separate international driving license, in addition to the American driving license.
- Direction of traffic: In Europe the traffic is mainly right-handed. The exception is Great Britain, which is left-handed traffic.
- Insurance: In Western Europe, all rental cars include some kind of insurance, so additional insurance policies are often unnecessary (unless you are going to Russia or Eastern Europe).
- Driving abroad: You can drive a rental car almost everywhere within all countries of the European Union / Schengen territory without additional fees. Eastern European countries and Russia are the exceptions and you should always ask the car rental company in advance about the rules.