Pisa is a small town at the estuary of Arno River in northern Italy. The city is world famous for the medieval "Leaning Tower of Pisa", but the city also has plenty of other attractions. The city has two more inclined towers, the "Campanile of San Nicola" and the "Campanile of San Michele degli Scalzi". "Duomo di Pisa", or the Pisa cathedral, is also a very magnificent cathedral and well worth a visit. The city also has some great museums and every year at June 16th the candle festival will be held, on which the river shore lights are turned off and the evening ends with big fireworks."
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Pisa forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Pisa is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $60.67, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $246.67, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $66.38
- Hotel (3 stars): $80.11
- Hotel (4 stars): $115.10
- Hotel (5 stars): $280.35
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $18.63
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $29.58
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $4.93
- Meal, McDonalds: $8.76
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $16.43
Pisa has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 55.9 (better than United states average 48.3)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 68.2 (a little weaker than United states average 70.0)
- Walking alone at night: 40.7 (a little weaker than United states average 42.1)
More information: Pisa safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: In the European Union / Schengen a driver's license from an EU country is sufficient, although for North Americans it is recommended to carry a separate international driving license, in addition to the American driving license.
- Direction of traffic: In Europe the traffic is mainly right-handed. The exception is Great Britain, which is left-handed traffic.
- Insurance: In Western Europe, all rental cars include some kind of insurance, so additional insurance policies are often unnecessary (unless you are going to Russia or Eastern Europe).
- Driving abroad: You can drive a rental car almost everywhere within all countries of the European Union / Schengen territory without additional fees. Eastern European countries and Russia are the exceptions and you should always ask the car rental company in advance about the rules.