Brindisi is a major beach city in the southern part of Italy, on the Adriatic Sea. The city has been and still is Italy's main trade port to the Middle East and Greece. The city's climate is typical Mediterranean, with average temperatures of 25 C in summer and in winter the temperature drops to an average of 4 C. Rain falls mainly during the winter months (October-March). The city has two fortresses, some old churches and four good park areas.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Brindisi forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Brindisi is an expensive destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $76.54, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $264.12, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Basic hotel: $86.45
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $25.52
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $42.16
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $4.99
- Meal, McDonalds: $8.88
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $16.64
Brindisi has been classified as fairly safe with security classification 3/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 39.0 (weaker than United states average 48.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 75.0 (better than United states average 69.0)
- Walking alone at night: 31.2 (weaker than United states average 41.3)
More information: Brindisi safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: In the European Union / Schengen a driver's license from an EU country is sufficient, although for North Americans it is recommended to carry a separate international driving license, in addition to the American driving license.
- Direction of traffic: In Europe the traffic is mainly right-handed. The exception is Great Britain, which is left-handed traffic.
- Insurance: In Western Europe, all rental cars include some kind of insurance, so additional insurance policies are often unnecessary (unless you are going to Russia or Eastern Europe).
- Driving abroad: You can drive a rental car almost everywhere within all countries of the European Union / Schengen territory without additional fees. Eastern European countries and Russia are the exceptions and you should always ask the car rental company in advance about the rules.