Nuremberg is a city in southern Germany, located at the shore of the Pegnitz River. The city is mainly famous for its medieval Old Town, which is dominated by the huge castle, which was built in the 1500s. There are also a few great medieval churches, as well as a number of good museums. The city also has Europe's largest cinema complex, with more than 18 movie theaters, 3 restaurants and 5 terraces with a good view of the Old Town. Nuremberg is also famous for its special gingerbread (called Nürnberger Lebkuchen or Nürnberger Printen), which is made by a number of large and smaller bakeries in the area. Around the city there is also Europe's largest concentration of beer breweries.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Nuremberg forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Nuremberg is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $68.46, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $240.11, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Basic hotel: $79.24
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $14.69
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $25.27
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $3.90
- Meal, McDonalds: $8.89
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $11.13
Nuremberg has been classified as safe with security classification 4/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 65.8 (better than United states average 49.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 82.1 (better than United states average 70.2)
- Walking alone at night: 65.0 (better than United states average 41.1)
More information: Nuremberg safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: In the European Union / Schengen a driver's license from an EU country is sufficient, although for North Americans it is recommended to carry a separate international driving license, in addition to the American driving license.
- Direction of traffic: In Europe the traffic is mainly right-handed. The exception is Great Britain, which is left-handed traffic.
- Insurance: In Western Europe, all rental cars include some kind of insurance, so additional insurance policies are often unnecessary (unless you are going to Russia or Eastern Europe).
- Driving abroad: You can drive a rental car almost everywhere within all countries of the European Union / Schengen territory without additional fees. Eastern European countries and Russia are the exceptions and you should always ask the car rental company in advance about the rules.