Bordeaux is quite large city in south-west parts of France, along the Garonne River. The city's climate is marine and mediterranean margin. In the summer average temperatures are about +24 C and during winter about +3 C. Rainfalls come evenly during the year. The city's renewed harbor area is its new tourist area, and it's full of cafes, gardens and museums. Boudeaux is very famous wine farming and producing area, 900 million bottles in one year. There is also France's biggest university in Bourdeaux.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Bordeaux forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Bordeaux is an expensive destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $72.76, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $244.05, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $17.65
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $31.44
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $6.62
- Meal, McDonalds: $8.82
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $14.34
Bordeaux has been classified as fairly safe with security classification 3/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 63.2 (better than United states average 48.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 85.4 (better than United states average 70.3)
- Walking alone at night: 51.4 (better than United states average 41.2)
More information: Bordeaux safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: In the European Union / Schengen a driver's license from an EU country is sufficient, although for North Americans it is recommended to carry a separate international driving license, in addition to the American driving license.
- Direction of traffic: In Europe the traffic is mainly right-handed. The exception is Great Britain, which is left-handed traffic.
- Insurance: In Western Europe, all rental cars include some kind of insurance, so additional insurance policies are often unnecessary (unless you are going to Russia or Eastern Europe).
- Driving abroad: You can drive a rental car almost everywhere within all countries of the European Union / Schengen territory without additional fees. Eastern European countries and Russia are the exceptions and you should always ask the car rental company in advance about the rules.