Ajaccio is quite big city on Corsica island's western coast, in France. The city's climate is mediterranean, so the summers are warm and winters are mild. In the summer average temperature is about +20 C and in winter it's about +6 C. The city's main attraction is Napoleon's birthplace and city is full of memorials of Napoleon. The city also has large harbor and some historical buildings.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Ajaccio forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Ajaccio is an expensive destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $80.19, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $268.98, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $22.61
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $33.07
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $7.29
- Meal, McDonalds: $10.33
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $16.41
Ajaccio has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 75.4 (better than United states average 47.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 93.8 (better than United states average 69.6)
- Walking alone at night: 81.2 (better than United states average 41.7)
More information: Ajaccio safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: In the European Union / Schengen a driver's license from an EU country is sufficient, although for North Americans it is recommended to carry a separate international driving license, in addition to the American driving license.
- Direction of traffic: In Europe the traffic is mainly right-handed. The exception is Great Britain, which is left-handed traffic.
- Insurance: In Western Europe, all rental cars include some kind of insurance, so additional insurance policies are often unnecessary (unless you are going to Russia or Eastern Europe).
- Driving abroad: You can drive a rental car almost everywhere within all countries of the European Union / Schengen territory without additional fees. Eastern European countries and Russia are the exceptions and you should always ask the car rental company in advance about the rules.