Sarajevo (Bosnia and herzegovina)
Sarajevo is the capital of The Bosnia nd Herzegovina, located in the middle region, along the Miljacka River. City's climate is somewhat mediterranean because of the Adriatic Ocean. Summer temperatures are mostly around +20C and in winter close to -5 C. The city's best attractions are the historic old town, where is Christianity, islam and jews religious and historical buildings. There are also good amount of museums in the city, but some of them are in bad condition. Sarajevo's nightlife is very lively and there are two big ski centers nearby. There is still hidden couple minefields, so you should avoid walking on grass in the city.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Sarajevo forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Sarajevo is quite a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $41.48, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $116.98, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
Sarajevo has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 56.8 (better than United states average 48.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 78.6 (better than United states average 69.6)
- Walking alone at night: 57.8 (better than United states average 41.8)
More information: Sarajevo safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Driver’s license: In the European Union / Schengen a driver's license from an EU country is sufficient, although for North Americans it is recommended to carry a separate international driving license, in addition to the American driving license.
- Direction of traffic: In Europe the traffic is mainly right-handed. The exception is Great Britain, which is left-handed traffic.
- Insurance: In Western Europe, all rental cars include some kind of insurance, so additional insurance policies are often unnecessary (unless you are going to Russia or Eastern Europe).
- Driving abroad: You can drive a rental car almost everywhere within all countries of the European Union / Schengen territory without additional fees. Eastern European countries and Russia are the exceptions and you should always ask the car rental company in advance about the rules.