Da nang (Vietnam)
Da Nang is a large city in the central part of the Vietnam, in the countrys east coast. The city's climate is tropical monsoon climate. The temperature is normally very close +30 C around the year, and most of the rains come in September-December. The city also has nice sandy beaches, modern tower blocks as well as plenty of bars and restaurants. The city's main attraction is its great location, less than 100 km from Hue, Hoi An and My So'n ancient cities and ruins. The city is also reasonably safe, although scam related to taxis and sometimes hotels are common.
Monthly Weather Conditions
Rainfall level is highest in winter month from September to January. That leaves February to May the best time to visit Da Nang. If you can, try to avoid the summer months from June to the end of August, when Da Nang becomes a popular retreat for domestic tourists.
More information: Da nang forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Da nang is a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $32.06, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $70.72, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $26.98
- Hotel (3 stars): $31.37
- Hotel (4 stars): $79.85
- Hotel (5 stars): $247.04
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $3.59
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $6.72
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $0.86
- Meal, McDonalds: $4.32
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $2.17
Da nang has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 70.3 (better than United states average 48.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 84.8 (better than United states average 69.6)
- Walking alone at night: 63.7 (better than United states average 41.8)
More information: Da nang safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In many countries in Asia the traffic is left-handed. In countries like China, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: Without special contracts a rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car. The exception is China, where only a Chinese driving license is valid, so for driving in China it is either a Belgium or a Hong Kong driving license required, which can be translated to Chinese.