Krabi is a small town in Thailand at the south coast of the Strait of Malacca. The city's climate is tropical monsoon climate and the temperature is about 30 C throughout the year. The rainy season lasts for 6 months from May to November. The region's main attractions are the warm sea and the very beautiful sandy beaches in the middle of the tall columnar cut stone mountains. There are over 130 islands, of which the most famous is probably the Phi Phi Island, which appeared on the James Bond movie "The Man with the Golden Gun". Almost all of the islands are bordered by living corals and the water is clear, so the area is also popular among scuba divers."
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Krabi forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Krabi is a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $31.96, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $90.13, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Basic hotel: $36.87
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $2.65
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $4.15
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $2.39
- Meal, McDonalds: $6.06
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $1.98
Krabi has been classified as safe with security classification 4/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 59.5 (better than United states average 49.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 78.7 (better than United states average 69.0)
- Walking alone at night: 56.2 (better than United states average 41.3)
More information: Krabi safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In many countries in Asia the traffic is left-handed. In countries like China, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: Without special contracts a rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car. The exception is China, where only a Chinese driving license is valid, so for driving in China it is either a Belgium or a Hong Kong driving license required, which can be translated to Chinese.