Mandalay is Myanmars (Burma), second largest city and its located in the central part of the country, along the Irrawaddy River. The city's climate is tropical wet, and dry climate the summer average temperatures are around + 25 C and winters +14 C. Rainfalls are mostly got in the summer months from May to October. The city is the country's religious and economical center and built around the royal palace. More than half of the Myanmar's monks live in the city. The city's most famous attraction is the 4 meters high golden Buddha in the Maha Myat Muni Paya Temple. The city also has numerous monasteries, temples and pagodas, as well as the world's largest book.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Mandalay forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Mandalay is quite a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $31.77, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $129.69, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Basic hotel: $63.10
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $5.27
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $9.54
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $1.13
- Meal, McDonalds: $4.40
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $2.51
Mandalay has been classified as fairly safe with security classification 3/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 57.0 (better than United states average 48.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 71.2 (a little better than United states average 69.0)
- Walking alone at night: 44.5 (better than United states average 41.3)
More information: Mandalay safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In many countries in Asia the traffic is left-handed. In countries like China, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: Without special contracts a rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car. The exception is China, where only a Chinese driving license is valid, so for driving in China it is either a Belgium or a Hong Kong driving license required, which can be translated to Chinese.