Beirut is Libanon's capital, located in west of the country at the Mediterranean coast. The city's climate is Mediterranean with hot summers. Average temperatures are close to 30 C or more in summer and 10 C in winter. Almost all the rain in the area falls from October to April and the summer is really dry. Beirut is famous for its long history, more than 5,000 years Phoenician status, although the civil war in the 1980s has left its mark to the historical sites. Beirut is also regarded as a city with an exceptionally good nightlife and many of the locals dress in their best robes before going to the clubs. The area is also popular among scuba divers and golfers.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Beirut forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Beirut is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $71.76, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $225.23, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $63.03
- Hotel (3 stars): $89.47
- Hotel (4 stars): $101.67
- Hotel (5 stars): $183.00
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $15.96
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $25.93
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $3.32
- Meal, McDonalds: $7.99
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $9.98
Beirut has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 55.0 (better than United states average 48.3)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 75.7 (better than United states average 70.0)
- Walking alone at night: 54.1 (better than United states average 42.1)
More information: Beirut safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In many countries in Asia the traffic is left-handed. In countries like China, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: Without special contracts a rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car. The exception is China, where only a Chinese driving license is valid, so for driving in China it is either a Belgium or a Hong Kong driving license required, which can be translated to Chinese.