Jakarta is the capital of the Indonesia, located by the Sea of Java, in the central part of the country. The city's climate is tropical monsoon climate. Temperatures remain very close to +30 C around the year, the rain season is from October to the end of March. The biggest rains come in January and February. The city is famous for its excellent nightlife and shopping opportunities, but also pollution and very congested traffic. The city's most famous building is the national monument Monas (137 metres high). The city also has a lot different of concerts and musical events ranging from Korean pop to rock. There have been bomb attacks on tourist-focused hotels in 2003, 2004 and 2009, and other violent crimes are in rise too.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Jakarta forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Jakarta is a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $30.70, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $77.68, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $22.38
- Hotel (3 stars): $29.77
- Hotel (4 stars): $48.55
- Hotel (5 stars): $147.02
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $2.52
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $4.60
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $2.18
- Meal, McDonalds: $3.11
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $1.56
Jakarta has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 46.5 (a little weaker than United states average 48.3)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 64.4 (weaker than United states average 70.0)
- Walking alone at night: 33.9 (weaker than United states average 42.1)
More information: Jakarta safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In many countries in Asia the traffic is left-handed. In countries like China, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: Without special contracts a rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car. The exception is China, where only a Chinese driving license is valid, so for driving in China it is either a Belgium or a Hong Kong driving license required, which can be translated to Chinese.