New delhi (India)
New Delhi in India's capital and located in the north of the country. New Delhi is a new neighborhood in the original Delhi metropolis, which was designed, built, and taken in use by the British in 1931. The city's main attractions are the Red Fortress, a fortress which was built in the 1600s out of red sandstone, the Humayun's Tomb, which hosts for India exceptionally neat gardens as well as a veritable tomb building, which is remarkably similar to the Taj Mahal, as well as the Qutubin minaret, which was built in the 1300's and is 72 m high. The city also has numerous museums and temples, like the prominent Lotus Temple. If you arrive in Delhi at night it is recommended is to stay at the airport or in well lit areas until the morning. If someone tries to offer you help or advice or tries to take you somewhere, refuse, because these are almost always scams, robberies, or worse. If something happens, always to make the biggest possible fuss so that you can be spared of worse.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: New delhi forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, New delhi is a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $31.04, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $76.58, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $25.28
- Hotel (3 stars): $43.21
- Hotel (4 stars): $64.87
- Hotel (5 stars): $112.57
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $1.53
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $2.36
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $1.83
- Meal, McDonalds: $3.52
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $2.11
New delhi has been classified as fairly safe with security classification 3/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 41.4 (weaker than United states average 49.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 58.8 (weaker than United states average 70.2)
- Walking alone at night: 28.0 (weaker than United states average 41.0)
More information: New delhi safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In many countries in Asia the traffic is left-handed. In countries like China, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: Without special contracts a rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car. The exception is China, where only a Chinese driving license is valid, so for driving in China it is either a Belgium or a Hong Kong driving license required, which can be translated to Chinese.