Hyderabad is a large city in India, located in the middle parts of the country, along the Musi River. The city's climate is between tropical and hot half arid. The summer, from February to early July is very hot with temperatures reaching often close to +40 C or even above. Rest of the years temperatures remain near +20 C. Although in December and in January temperature can occasionally drop as low as 15 ° C. Rainfalls mostly come from July to October. The city's main attractions are its numerous IT companies, Microsoft and Google have headquarters there. For tourists, the city has also 400 years old historic centre and in the newer parts of the city there are numerous shopping malls and museums. Hyderabad is little safer than rest of the India, although the major tourist destinations have been made bomb attacks in 2007 and 2008. However, violent crimes are rarer than robberies and scams, even though the movement in the dark time should be avoided. Women tourists are advised to pay special attention to their own safety.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Hyderabad forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Hyderabad is a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $28.60, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $59.83, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $26.43
- Hotel (3 stars): $41.22
- Hotel (4 stars): $46.46
- Hotel (5 stars): $120.08
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $1.53
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $2.36
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $1.83
- Meal, McDonalds: $3.52
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $2.11
Hyderabad has been classified as fairly safe with security classification 3/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 62.4 (better than United states average 49.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 79.9 (better than United states average 70.2)
- Walking alone at night: 58.4 (better than United states average 41.0)
More information: Hyderabad safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In many countries in Asia the traffic is left-handed. In countries like China, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: Without special contracts a rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car. The exception is China, where only a Chinese driving license is valid, so for driving in China it is either a Belgium or a Hong Kong driving license required, which can be translated to Chinese.