Hong kong (Hong kong)
Hong Kong is a big city in South China, located at the coast of the South China Sea. Hong Kong is one of China's most developed and most densely populated cities. Until 1997 it has been a British colony. The skyline of Hong Kong City is also one of the world's best known, due to the astonishing number of high-rise buildings (302). The city has skyscrapers but also old temples, a Christian church, which was built in 1927, a large aquarium theme park, an own Disneyland and a buddhist theme park, from where a ski-lift-style gondola offers a magnificent view over the city. The city is also famous for its numerous major celebrations, among which the New Year's Eve and Chinese New Year are the greatest.
Monthly Weather Conditions
Because of its subtropical location, Hong Kong is a year-round destination. However, summers are generally hot and humid, while winters are cool and dry.
March - April and October - November: These are the best times of the year to visit Hong Kong. The spring time (March - April) sees cool evenings. The months of October and November are agreeable too. Pleasant breezes, perfect amount of sunshine and moderate temperatures are some things which make autumn an ideal time to visit the Island. "
More information: Hong kong forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Hong kong is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $43.28, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $172.66, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $46.95
- Hotel (3 stars): $58.69
- Hotel (4 stars): $109.76
- Hotel (5 stars): $223.75
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $8.54
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $13.99
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $6.44
- Meal, McDonalds: $4.90
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $7.09
Hong kong has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 79.4 (better than United states average 48.3)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 87.4 (better than United states average 70.0)
- Walking alone at night: 77.7 (better than United states average 42.1)
More information: Hong kong safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In many countries in Asia the traffic is left-handed. In countries like China, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: Without special contracts a rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car. The exception is China, where only a Chinese driving license is valid, so for driving in China it is either a Belgium or a Hong Kong driving license required, which can be translated to Chinese.