Paphos is a coastal city in the Republic of Cyprus, on the Mediterranean Sea. Paphos is considered to be the birthplace of the ancient Greek goddess Aphrodite. Currently the city of Paphos is divided into two regions: Lower Paphos, which is located at the beach, is the area with most of the taverns, hotels and archaeological sites, the upper part of Paphos is modern and the closest place for shopping. The city has also recently built a new paved beach path, that leads from the archaeological excavations to the city's principal beach. The town also hosts a water theme park, which is dedicated to Aphrodite, and a well maintained ancient amphitheater, which is still used occasionally as venue for plays.
Monthly Weather Conditions
The hottest and best time to visit Paphos is between June and September when the weather is at its best. You can expect plenty of hot sunshine, clear blue skies and warm temperatures throughout the summer.
More information: Paphos forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Paphos is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $53.92, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $199.04, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $46.44
- Hotel (3 stars): $54.82
- Hotel (4 stars): $96.90
- Hotel (5 stars): $125.51
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $6.07
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $8.83
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $3.31
- Meal, McDonalds: $6.63
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $13.25
Paphos has been classified as safe with security classification 4/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 67.6 (better than United states average 49.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 92.5 (better than United states average 70.2)
- Walking alone at night: 67.5 (better than United states average 41.1)
More information: Paphos safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In many countries in Asia the traffic is left-handed. In countries like China, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: Without special contracts a rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car. The exception is China, where only a Chinese driving license is valid, so for driving in China it is either a Belgium or a Hong Kong driving license required, which can be translated to Chinese.