Nicosia is the capital of Cyprus, located in the middle of the island, by the Pedieos River. The city's climate is subtropic and hot semi-arid margin. In the summer temperatures rise easily to +30 C, tough in winter temperatures remain at around +5 C. The city is last capital in Europe that is split, barbed wire fence and guard towers split it in two. The north side belongs to self-proclaimed "North-Cyprus republic" and south side belongs to Cyprus. Nicosia's main attraction is the old town, which moat is changed to green park. The city also has some museums and spa."
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Nicosia forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Nicosia is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $57.09, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $180.69, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $51.68
- Hotel (3 stars): $51.66
- Hotel (4 stars): $103.27
- Hotel (5 stars): $239.60
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $7.49
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $11.65
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $3.33
- Meal, McDonalds: $6.66
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $13.31
Nicosia has been classified as safe with security classification 4/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 71.1 (better than United states average 48.8)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 86.2 (better than United states average 68.9)
- Walking alone at night: 68.7 (better than United states average 41.2)
More information: Nicosia safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In many countries in Asia the traffic is left-handed. In countries like China, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: Without special contracts a rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car. The exception is China, where only a Chinese driving license is valid, so for driving in China it is either a Belgium or a Hong Kong driving license required, which can be translated to Chinese.