Xian is a large city in central China. The city's known history begins over 3000 years ago. Xian is famous for its Terracotta Warriors army and the city also has numerous other historical sites, including the almost 14 km long city wall, the Forest of Stone Steles, with more than 2,300 standing tables of stone, which have a history of more than seven centuries, as well as the Temple of the Eight Immortals, an ancient Taoist temple, which is still in use. Within the city there is also a number of other great temples and mosques, pagodas and two famous clock towers. There are also a few hot springs and parks. Especially the Taiping National Forest Park is famous for its great waterfalls and the Zi Jing flowers.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Xian forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Xian is a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $28.62, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $76.98, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $29.51
- Hotel (3 stars): $30.37
- Hotel (4 stars): $63.07
- Hotel (5 stars): $109.22
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $3.43
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $5.04
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $0.98
- Meal, McDonalds: $4.66
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $3.53
Xian has been classified as safe with security classification 4/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 83.7 (better than United states average 49.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 87.5 (better than United states average 70.2)
- Walking alone at night: 77.1 (better than United states average 41.0)
More information: Xian safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In many countries in Asia the traffic is left-handed. In countries like China, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: Without special contracts a rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car. The exception is China, where only a Chinese driving license is valid, so for driving in China it is either a Belgium or a Hong Kong driving license required, which can be translated to Chinese.