Wuxi is a big city at the east coast of China, located the banks of Lake Taihu. The city is famous for its nearly 3,000 years of history, beautiful landscapes and 88 m high bronze Buddha. The city's Garden of Ecstasy is very beautiful and in there was built an exact replica of Beijing's summer palace. The city also has three large theme parks, which are mainly aimed at Chinese tourists: Tang City, Three Kingdoms City and Water Margin City. Lake Taihu itself is famous for its beautiful landscape, delicious fish and freshwater pearls.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Wuxi forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Wuxi is a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $30.88, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $89.52, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Basic hotel: $45.93
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $3.41
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $5.01
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $1.12
- Meal, McDonalds: $4.92
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $3.51
Wuxi has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 92.2 (better than United states average 48.3)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 91.7 (better than United states average 70.0)
- Walking alone at night: 75.0 (better than United states average 42.1)
More information: Wuxi safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In many countries in Asia the traffic is left-handed. In countries like China, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: Without special contracts a rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car. The exception is China, where only a Chinese driving license is valid, so for driving in China it is either a Belgium or a Hong Kong driving license required, which can be translated to Chinese.