Shenyang is a large city, located in northeast of the China, along the Liao River. The city is mainly an important industrial area. The local climate is continental and humid, summer temperatures are usually around +24 C and in winter -10 C. Most of the rain comes in summer. The city's most famous attractions are the Qing Dynasty era, Zhaoling-tombs, and the Mukden Palace. In winter, the area also has three ski centers.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Shenyang forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Shenyang is a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $32.51, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $86.88, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Basic hotel: $46.42
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $3.45
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $5.06
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $1.00
- Meal, McDonalds: $4.68
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $3.55
Shenyang has been classified as safe with security classification 4/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 78.2 (better than United states average 48.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 80.9 (better than United states average 69.0)
- Walking alone at night: 59.4 (better than United states average 41.3)
More information: Shenyang safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In many countries in Asia the traffic is left-handed. In countries like China, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: Without special contracts a rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car. The exception is China, where only a Chinese driving license is valid, so for driving in China it is either a Belgium or a Hong Kong driving license required, which can be translated to Chinese.